Made in the USA
We manufacture our products in a multi-building complex in downtown El Segundo, California, a busy industrial community located within minutes of Los Angeles International Airport. Our modern facility of over 100,000 square feet houses our corporate, engineering, and manufacturing staff. Extensive incorporation and utilization of in-house machinery enables us to provide cost effective, quality products with short design-to-production cycles and manufacturing lead times.
At Glentek, we take pride in our ability to work with our customers to select and/or design a product tailored to their application. On average, our sales engineers have over 20 years of experience in the motion control industry, and they will serve as your main point of contact. However, our engineering team (mechanical, electrical, and programming) is also available to help select a product or work with your engineering team on a custom product.
Servo motors and servo drives are just one small but important part of larger, complex electrical and mechanical systems. We know that every application is unique and that they require special considerations. Many customers have sent us these larger systems to analyze, and then worked with our engineering team to setup and tune their system as a whole. Oftentimes, this is the most efficient way to maximize performance. If the situation requires it, we can even send an engineer into the field to optimize or troubleshoot your system. At the end of the day, our team is committed to your success.
Call or email us today to discuss your motion control needs, and we will use our technical expertise to help you out in any way we can.
Standard and Custom Options
We offer a wide variety of standard servo drives and servo motors. If a standard product does not suffice, we also offer custom designs. Often times your unique system requirements can be achieved with a simple electrical, mechanical, or software modification which leads to an extremely short development cycle.
Glentek was founded in Glendora, California in 1964. One year later, we incorporated and moved to Santa Monica, California. In the beginning, our company designed and manufactured servo drives and related electronics for the defense industry, including applications involving advanced tactical aircraft and ship-based radar systems. During the 1970’s we began production on some of the first PWM servo drives for the growing CNC machinery market. Further growth resulted in another move in 1980, this time to our current location in El Segundo, California. We expanded into the medical market, producing custom servo drives for both CAT Scan and PET scan machines. In order to provide the highest performance and reliability possible, we began designing and manufacturing a complete line of servo motors to accompany our servo drives in the mid 1980’s, providing a complete package for OEMs. Our first foray in DSP-based drives and the development of MotionMaestro, our Windows-based set-up and tuning software, occurred in the 1990’s. Since then, we have released new drives capable of communicating using the latest protocols and standards, first Synqnet, then CANopen, and now EtherCAT. Our latest drives also accept feedback from the latest devices, including analog sin/cos encoders and absolute serial encoders.
- Assembly Automation and General Factory Machinery
- Antenna Positioning Systems
- Electric Mobility and Mobile Robotics
- Camera Control
- Entertainment and Film
- Food and Beverage
- Homeland Security and Defense
- Inspection, Testing, and Rapid Prototyping
- Machine Tools – Metal and Woodworking
- Material Handling and Conveyed Systems
- Medical and Healthcare
- Metal Forming and Processing
- Metrology Systems
- Mining and Metals
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation and Alternative Energy Sources
- Printing and Paper
- Rubber and Plastic
- Transportation Systems
We are registered ISO9001:2015 company, which is an assurance to our customers that we are 100% committed to producing quality products with unsurpassed service. Many of our products are also CE marked, RoHS compliant, and UL Recognized Components for Canada and the United States.
Memberships and Associations
Glentek is a member of several industry associations to ensure that we remain informed of the latest standards and trends. We are committed to supplying our customers with cutting edge technology and mutual compatability with new and updated standards.
- CAN in Automation: CAN in Automation (CiA) is the international users’ and manufacturers’ group for the CAN network (Controller Area Network), internationally standardized in the ISO 11898 series. The nonprofit association was established in 1992. The aim is to provide an unbiased platform for future developments of the CAN protocol and to promote the image of the CAN technology.
- EtherCAT Technology Group: EtherCAT is a high-performance, low-cost, easy to use Industrial Ethernet technology with a flexible topology. The EtherCAT Technology Group (ETG) is the world’s largest Industrial Ethernet and fieldbus organization. The ETG brings together manufacturers and users, which contribute in technical working groups to the advancement of the EtherCAT technology.
- MCMA: Founded in 2006, the Motion Control & Motor Association (MCMA) was developed to advance the global understanding and use of motion control and related automation technologies and to help member companies and the industry grow.
Customer Service, Quality Control, and Warranty
We are committed to total customer satisfaction and cost-effective, timely product support. We are just a phone call away and we promise a response to any inquiry within one business day, oftentimes sooner. We thoroughly inspect all of our parts, test our products 100% prior to shipping from our factory, and provide a 1 year warranty.
Glentek designs and manufactures motor control electronics and motors—both standard and custom—for the world wide motion control market place. We partner with original equipment manufacturers and provide superior value by delivering quality products on time with unsurpassed service. We consider the customer the most important person in our business. Our commitment is to ensure outstanding financial performance and long lasting relationships benefiting customers, employees, shareholders and suppliers, now and into the future.
To be recognized as a premier supplier of motor control electronics and motors for the world wide motion control market place.